As dogs age, their physiological systems slow down. This influences their vulnerability to a variety of health conditions which can be managed when accommodated with a senior diet. At this life stage it is especially important to keep your dog slim, active and healthy. Overweight dogs are susceptible to similar health risks as senior dogs and can benefit from a senior diet.
- At 21%, this high-protein meal with essential amino acids and fatty acids, helps protect muscle mass while aging or during weight loss, helping to maintain a healthy physical condition in senior years.
- With 25% less fat than Classic Adult, Classic Senior provides a lower calorie diet, for a slowing metabolism. This includes L-Carnitine, which can prevent weight gain in mature dogs and manage the weight of obese and/or sterilised dogs.
- High levels of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fats (such as DHA) from salmon oil and Arginine nourish the mind, boosting and sustaining awareness.
- Essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and fatty acids promote a healthy skin and coat. Vitamins A and E stimulate healthy hair follicles and guards skin cells, while Omega -3 and -6 fatty acids help to develop and maintain a healthy coat.
- Natural Antioxidants, such as Vitamin C and E, help to neutralise free radicals, support overall cellular health and assist ageing immune systems. An ideal combination of amino acids – including Arginine, Folic acid, L-carnatine, Taurine, and minerals – support cardiovascular health in mature and overweight dogs.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin are joint soothing ingredients that help to rebuild joint tissue, increasing and sustaining flexibility and mobility in senior dogs.